Clobetasol Propionate and Salicylic Acid Lotion is widely used to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. Eczema is a condition which causes dry and scaly skin. The skin also becomes itchy and inflamed. It may also because blisters filled with serum. It can occur at any age and can be acute or chronic depending on its severity. Psoriasis refers to the rapid growth of skin cells leading to an uneven and bumpy skin covered with white scales or patches. Both these conditions cause discomfort and unbearable itching.
Clobetasol Propionate and Salicylic Acid Lotion is composed of two drugs- clobetasole propionate and salicylic acid. Clobetasol works by hindering the production of chemical messengers known as prostaglandins in the body which cause the skin itchy and dry. Salicylic acid makes the skin moisturized and help in shedding the dead cells from the topmost layers. This enhances the softness of skin and better absorption of clobetasol propionate in the skin.
Clobetasol Propionate and Salicylic Acid Lotion is for external use only. The dose and duration will be decided by the doctor after examining your skin condition. Wash the affected rea with warm water for around 5 minutes. Dry the area using a clean towel. Do not rub or peel the affected area. Apply a thin layer of the lotion onto the affected area.
Consult your doctor if you feel that this medication has no effect on your condition or if the situation becomes worse.
Certain contraindications are related to the use of this medication in some cases. These precautions must be followed to ensure no medical harm to the body. These are as follows:
1. Long term usage of Clobetasol Propionate and Salicylic Acid Lotion is associated with adrenal gland problems. Immediately discard it use if you experience symptoms like blurred vision, irregular or fast heartbeat, dizziness or fainting, unusual fatigue and change in the amount and color of urine.
2. Pregnant and Breastfeeding ladies should consult the doctor before using the medicine. It is unknown if this lotion harms the unborn baby or passes into breastmilk.
3. Ensure to discuss any previous instances of allergies with your doctor. Read the medicine pamphlet carefully before using the medicine. Any components which may cause allergic reactions should be discussed with the doctor.
4. This medication is not for use in children under 2 years of age. Consult your doctor for more details.
5. People with liver or kidney problems must not use this medicine without medical guidance.
While this medication is considered safe to use in maximum cases, there are certain instances of side effects that have been reported. Some commonly occurring side effects are redness, burning or peeling of skin. These may self-resolve after the treatment is over but consult your doctor if they do not go away.
Children under 12 years of age are more sensitive to these side effects. Prolonged use of this lotion may cause its entrance in bloodstream. Hence, it is to be used with caution in children and older people. Consult your doctor of you experience any of these ill effects- tiredness, hearing issues, nausea or vomiting or mood swings.
Clobetasol Propionate and Salicylic Acid Lotion is known to interact with certain drugs and interfere with the mechanism of action. The list is as follows:
• Itraconazole- used to treat fungal infections of skin
• Ritonavir- to treat HIV
• Aspirin- used to treat cardiac attacks and pains
• Cymbalta- An anti-depressant
Question: In how many days will symptoms start clearing after using Clobetasol Propionate and Salicylic Acid Lotion?
Answer: Generally, it takes 2 to 3 days for symptoms to get lighter. Consult your doctor for more details.
Question: Can pregnant ladies use this medication for dry skin?
Answer: The use of this medicine is contraindicated in pregnancy. Use this medicine with complete medical guidance.
Question: Can Clobetasol Propionate and Salicylic Acid Lotion used for dry skin due to diaper rash?
Answer: It is prohibited to use this lotion in children below 2 years of age. Contact your doctor for further information.
© 2019 SCOT DERMA PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.